The Fifth Risk (Michael Lewis)
Lewis is a supple and seductive storyteller, so you’ll be turning the pages as he recounts the (often surprising) experiences of amiable civil servants and enumerating risks one through four (an attack by North Korea, war with Iran, etc.) before you learn that the scary-sounding “fifth risk” of the title is — brace yourself — “project management.” -- Jennifer Szalai, New York Times
This is an insightful read especially in the time of the deadly virus outbreak.
Michael Lewis is an American author and financial journalist. His first book "Liar's Poker: Rising Through the Wreckage of Wall Street" — a semi-autobiographical account of Lewis' time at Solomon Brothers— is considered the most accurate representation of 1980s Wall Street. His 2006 book “The Blind Side: Evolution of a Game” was his first to be adapted into a film. Then came “Moneyball” starring Brad Pitt, followed by “The Big Short” in 2015, which won the Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay.
Michael Lewis was educated at Princeton University and the London School of Economics.
Published in 2018; 221 pages; Hardback.
取書方法〡How to pick up
1. 預約親臨「蒲書館」〡At PPO Library
- 新蒲崗雙喜街17號富德工業大廈19A室〡19A, Success Industrial Building, 17 Sheung Hei Street, San Po Kwong
- 最佳時間為星期三日間〡Our best time is Wednesday daytime；或/OR
2. 預約親臨 「書送快樂」辦公室〡At our Sheung Wan office
- 上環文咸東街111號 MW Tower 15樓〡15/F, MW Tower, 111 Bonham Street
- 最佳時間為星期五日間〡Our best time is Friday daytime；或/OR
3. 經由順豐派送〡Through SF EXPRESS