The Cinema of Hong Kong-History, Arts, Identity(Poshek Fu,David Desser)
The Cinema of Hong Kong examines one of the most popular, dynamic, and important cinema traditions in the history of film.
Providing an overview of major directors, genres, and stars, from its origins to the present, this volume examines Hong Kong cinema in historical, transnational, cultural and political contexts. Individual chapters focus on Hong Kong cinema before and during World War II, the cinema of the turbulent 1960s, its rise to world prominence in the 1970s, its reception in the United States, and the revival of Cantonese cinema, among topics.
Including contributions from a diverse roster of scholars, archivists, and film programmers, the book provides a wealth of new information and new conceptual framework, enabling a greater appreciation of the variety, range and depth of Hong Kong film.
- The most comprehensive chronology of Hong Kong film history and the most comprehensive English-language bibliography on Hong Kong film
- US and Hong Kong based scholars, including some of the best-known film scholars and critics in their respective countries
- An in-depth look at Hong Kong cinema's reception in the US in the 1970s
取書方法〡How to pick up
1. 預約親臨「蒲書館」〡At PPO Library
- 新蒲崗雙喜街17號富德工業大廈19A室〡19A, Success Industrial Building, 17 Sheung Hei Street, San Po Kwong
- 最佳時間為星期三日間〡Our best time is Wednesday daytime；或/OR
2. 預約親臨 「書送快樂」辦公室〡At our Sheung Wan office
- 上環文咸東街111號 MW Tower 15樓〡15/F, MW Tower, 111 Bonham Street
- 最佳時間為星期五日間〡Our best time is Friday daytime；或/OR
3. 經由順豐派送〡Through SF EXPRESS