Orlando (Virginia Woolf)
Orlando, Virginia Woolf's sixth major novel, is a fantastic historical biography, which spans almost 400 years in the lifetime of its protagonist. The protagonist, Orlando, ages only thirty-six years and changes gender from man to woman. This pseudo-biography satirizes more traditional Victorian biographies that emphasize facts and truth in their subjects' lives. Although Orlando may have been intended to be a satire or a holiday, it touches on important issues of gender, self-knowledge, and truth with Virginia Woolf's signature poetic style.
Orlando was written at the height of Woolf's career. It was an extremely popular book when it was published. It has also been adapted a number of times into plays, opera and film.
取書方法〡How to pick up
1. 預約親臨「蒲書館」〡At PPO Library
- 新蒲崗雙喜街17號富德工業大廈19A室〡19A, Success Industrial Building, 17 Sheung Hei Street, San Po Kwong
- 最佳時間為星期三日間〡Our best time is Wednesday daytime；或/OR
2. 預約親臨 「書送快樂」辦公室〡At our Sheung Wan office
- 上環文咸東街111號 MW Tower 15樓〡15/F, MW Tower, 111 Bonham Street
- 最佳時間為星期五日間〡Our best time is Friday daytime；或/OR
3. 經由順豐派送〡Through SF EXPRESS